Hours: 7.5 hours per week (11:45am to 1:15pm Monday to Friday) term time only
Required: Earliest possible opportunity
Birstall Primary Academy converted to academy status in March 2013 and is part of the Focus Academy Trust. We are a one form entry school for children aged 4 – 11. Our school is growing in size and in success (Ofsted judged our school to be GOOD in October 2018) and we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Midday Supervisor to join our lunchtime team to support pupils during our lunchtime period and to encourage and supervise playground games.
During the midday break the Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime
- supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat
- promoting and supervising positive and active play
- health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training)
- manage pupil relationships
The role of the Midday Supervisor is a very important one as positive lunchtimes are an investment in the teaching and learning which happens in the afternoon. The role is a multi-tasking one and requires a dedicated, positive person who will come to work every day. Although this period only last 1.5 hrs a day, lunchtimes are a crucial part of the school day when children need to ‘let off steam’ and have time to eat their lunch in a positive, well managed environment. This role is about leading, guiding and inspiring young people.
We can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- continuing professional development as a high priority
- supportive staff
- supportive parents and governors who contribute to establishing a positive and happy learning environment
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Gott in the school office on 01924 471372 if you require further details.
Please apply online.
Completed forms are to be returned to school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best with your application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.