Attendance and Punctuality
Good attendance at school is vital if your child is to achieve their full potential. We monitor attendance daily and send an attendance report home every half term. We encourage good attendance by rewarding class attendance every week and through our good to be green stickers.
Any child whose attendance falls below 90% will be referred, monitored closely and further action taken.
Term time holidays are not allowed and could result in fines being issued. Please look at our attendance policy in the policy section of the website in conjunction with this letter that we send out at the start of every year:
Being late for school makes it hard for your child to learn. If they are 30 minutes late each day it means they are missing a half day of school every week. If your child is late just 10 minutes a day he or she will miss over a week’s learning in a year.
Punctuality is a good thing:
- It gets the day off to a good start
- It establishes positive patterns for the future
- It helps yoour child develop
- It helps your child make and keep friends
- It leads to self confidence and success
- It is good training for adult life and work
Lateness is not:
- it gets the day off to a bad start
- it can be embarrassing for your child
- It may damage your child’s confidence
- It can affect friendship patterns
- It disrupts learning for everyone
- It can damage your child’s achievement